ISDC – International Security and Development Center was founded in 2014 to bridge the themes of security and development, and their respective communities. We are dedicated to producing high-quality empirical and mixed-methods research that speaks to all of these communities. The quality of our research and impact is critically shaped by our engagement with strong partners, including national and local governments, civil society, international agencies and non-governmental organisations. While based in Berlin’s central Mitte district, the global relevance of our work leads us to engage in research projects around the world.
ISDC is seeking an
to work on and learn about job creation by social businesses in fragile and conflict-affected countries as well as interventions and policies to support such job creation.
- Academic and grey literature search;
- Identification of policies and programmes; and
- Analysis of quantitative and qualitative data.
Experience and Skills:
- The position is ideal for Master’s or doctoral students in development economics or related disciplines.
- Some experience with the management of statistical databases
- Previous work experience in similar roles or environments highly desirable;
- Demonstrable interest in the relevant fields of development; and
- Excellent command of English and, ideally, very good command of German.
- The position is based at ISDC’s office in Berlin.
- The internship can be undertaken full- or part-time and should last between two and six months.
- Only currently enrolled students are eligible to apply.
- The internship must be part of a degree-course or relevant for the completion of an academic degree.
- The position is unpaid but the benefits include the opportunity to work with a young, creative and supportive team and to learn about an exciting field of development.
Further information on ISDC and the position may be obtained from www.isdc.org or Ms Myroslava Purska. Please send your application including a cover letter, detailed CV and existing letters of reference by email to Ms Myroslava Purska. The contact details of ISDC staff can be found online. The deadline for applications is 15 November 2019; the position may be filled as soon as a suitable application is received.