Full-time (40 hours/week) – starting as soon as possible
Your new employer:
We are an independent, non-profit academic institute based in Berlin, Germany. We believe in the power of data and evidence for understanding and alleviating suffering around the world. We thus conduct research to improve lives and livelihoods shaped by violent conflict, fragility and humanitarian emergencies. While based in Berlin’s central Mitte district, the global relevance of our work leads us to engage in research projects around the world. We are a young institute that is growing steadily. We are an international, multicultural team – our working language is English.
In order to further the reach and uptake of our work, we are looking for an organised and team-oriented Communication Manager (f/m/d), full-time. The position is available immediately. You will structure, develop and be responsible for external and internal communication in a research start-up and thus deepen long-term relationships with our various stakeholders. As Communication Manager you will report directly to the Director.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing a stakeholder management strategy, a strategy for our website isdc.org and for project websites, and a social media strategy
- Producing content for our web sites and social media accounts
- Writing and distributing press releases
- Managing our Google Ads account
- Producing and marketing our newsletter
- Developing our corporate identity and corresponding style guide for social media and publications
- Preparing our annual and sustainability reports
- Collaborating on project proposals in the area of communication
- Structuring, accompanying and supporting project-related communication
- Managing and organising our events
- Coordinating our internal communication
- Identifying suitable recruitment channels, posting of job advertisements and occasional recruitment support
- Supervising junior employees and interns in the area of communications
We expect you to love and live communication! You are passionate about advancing peace and development in the world and for this purpose, you want to incorporate your skills creatively and professionally in ISDC.
We would like to get to know you if you have the following prerequisites:
- Completed and relevant university studies (e.g. in the field of communication, media or social sciences) or a similar qualification
- Relevant professional experience
- Excellent written and spoken English and German
- Reliable, organised, problem-solving and self-motivated way of working
- Distinct ability to work in a team and proactive time management
- The ability to work in a goal-oriented manner even under time pressure
- An interest in communicating scientific research in general, particularly that focussing on peace, conflict and development
In addition, the following experience and skills would be desirable:
- Experience in the field of science communication
- Understanding of the technical basics of communication
- International and/or multicultural work experience
We work on very serious issues like war and poverty and we love science. At the same time we are an international, cheerful and motivated team, we work very collaboratively and enjoy our work. We offer you flexible, self-determined and family-friendly working hours and a salary in line with the public sector pay scale. The position is initially limited to a period of two years with the option of an unlimited extension.
You can find more information about the institute on our homepage at www.isdc.org. If you have any questions, please contact Sophie Zschäbitz at email@example.com. Please send us your application in English including cover letter, CV, relevant certificates and the names and addresses of two referees as a single pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is 31 October 2021; however, we will review applications continuously and might fill the position before this date. We look forward to hearing from you!