ISDC – International Security and Development Center is a non-profit academic institute based in Berlin, Germany. We conduct research to improve lives and livelihoods shaped by violent conflict, fragility and humanitarian emergencies. We believe in the power of data and evidence for understanding and alleviating suffering around the world.
The Behaviour Research Programme at ISDC is seeking a
(Pre)doctoral Researcher / Wissenschaftliche*r Mitarbeiter*in (f/m/d)
(full-time or part-time)
to conduct quantitative research on human behaviour and policy interventions in fragile, conflict-affected and humanitarian settings.
- Co-designing experimental and quasi-experimental research projects,
- Cleaning, matching and analysing quantitative micro-data, and
- Contributing to project implementation and management.
Required experience and skills:
- Excellent first degree in any relevant discipline in the social sciences,
- Strong skills in statistical / econometric analysis in R, Stata, or similar software, and
- Being reliable and proactive.
- Ideal position for advanced Master’s or doctoral students.
- The primary place of work will be our office in Berlin-Mitte.
- Both part-time and full-time work is possible.
- A one-year contract (extendable), starting immediately or at a date to be agreed,
- Cutting edge academic and policy-relevant research,
- Support for developing your research profile and career, as part of a strong team, and
- The opportunity to pursue a PhD in development economics at Humboldt-University of Berlin.
ISDC is a young institute that is growing steadily. We are a motivated and international team, thrive on collaboration and enjoy our work. Our working language is English. Further information on ISDC can be obtained from www.isdc.org.
Please send your application including a cover letter, detailed CV and existing letters of reference as a single PDF-file by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is 15 August 2022; yet, applications will be considered on an ongoing basis and the position may be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is selected.