ISDC – International Security and Development Center is a non-profit academic institute based in Berlin, Germany. We conduct research to improve lives and livelihoods shaped by violent conflict, fragility and humanitarian emergencies. While based in Berlin’s central Mitte district, the global relevance of our work leads us to engage in research projects around the world.
ISDC is seeking
to support various quantitative research projects at the nexus of socio-economic development and political violence. Under direction, the RA(s) will provide quantitative research, analysis and operational support.
- Cleaning, processing and analysing large-scale quantitative survey data;
- Drafting reports and papers;
- Literature search; and
- Occasional support in project management.
Experience and skills:
- An excellent first degree in economics, quantitative social sciences, data sciences, mathematics or a related discipline (or being enrolled in such a programme);
- Strong proficiency in Stata and/or R; and
- Excellent command of English.
- The position is ideal for Master’s or early doctoral students in the relevant disciplines.
- The place of work will be at ISDC’s office in Berlin-Mitte; home-based work may be possible.
- The initial employment will be for six months, extendable.
- The work load is negotiable but will be part-time.
- Renumeration will be in line with that for “Studentische Hilfskräfte” in Berlin.
- The contract could be implemented as a “Minijob” or “Werkstudent”, if desired and suitable.
Further information on ISDC can be obtained from www.isdc.org or Ms Myroslava Purska. Please send your application including a cover letter, detailed CV and existing letters of reference in a single PDF file by email to Ms Myroslava Purska. The contact details of ISDC staff can be found online. The deadline for applications is 15 October 2020; the position may be filled as soon as a suitable application is received.