ISDC – International Security and Development Center is a non-profit academic institute based in Berlin, Germany. We conduct research to improve lives and livelihoods shaped by violent conflict, fragility and humanitarian emergencies. We believe in the power of data and evidence for understanding and alleviating suffering around the world. While based in Berlin’s central Mitte district, the global relevance of our work leads us to engage in research projects around the world. We are an international, multicultural team and our working language is English.
In order to further the reach and uptake of our work, we are looking for two working students to support us with day-to-day Communications tasks. The positions are available immediately. Work will focus on two areas:
A: Web and Social Media
- Managing and producing content for our website
- Managing and producing content for our social media accounts
- Drafting and distributing press releases
B: Event Management
- Event organization and management
- Communication with speakers and participants
In both areas, students will collaborate closely with the Research Programs in terms of project-related communications. Furthermore, on an ad-hoc basis, you will support internal as well as strategic communications matters, project proposals and recruitment processes.
We will hire two individuals to work for 10 hours per week each.
You love communication and/or events and are passionate about advancing peace and development in the world; and for this purpose, you want to apply and develop your skills creatively and professionally at ISDC.
If you match the following profile, we would love to hear from you:
- ongoing university studies (e.g. in the field of communication, media or social sciences, or another relevant discipline)
- excellent written and spoken English and German (native or bilingual proficiency)
- reliable, organized, problem-solving and self-motivated way of working
- distinct ability to work in a team
- proactive time management
- an interest in communicating scientific research in general
In addition, the following experience and skills would be desirable:
- relevant working experience in the field of (science) communication
- understanding of the technical basics of communication
- international and/or multicultural work experience
We work on very serious issues like war and poverty and we love science. At the same time we are an international, cheerful and motivated team, we work very collaboratively and we enjoy our work. We offer you flexible and self-determined working hours and a salary in line with those for “Studentische” or “Wissenschaftliche Hilfskräfte” in Berlin. The position is initially offered for a period of six months with the option to extend.
You can find more information about the institute at isdc.org. If you have any questions, please contact Sophie Zschäbitz at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send us your application in English including cover letter, CV and relevant certificates as a single pdf file to email@example.com, stating which position you wish to apply for (A or B). The application deadline is 30 June 2022; however, we will review applications continuously and might fill the position before this date. We look forward to hearing from you!