ISDC – International Security and Development Center is a non-profit academic institute based in Berlin, Germany. We conduct research to improve lives and livelihoods shaped by violent conflict, fragility, and humanitarian emergencies. We believe in the power of data and evidence for understanding and alleviating suffering around the world.
We are seeking a
Student Research Assistant / Werkstudent*in (f/m/d)
(part-time — 10 – 20 hours per week)
Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting literature searches and reviews,
- Cleaning, matching, and analysing quantitative data, and
- Drafting project reports, academic papers, and policy briefs.
Required experience and skills:
- An excellent first degree in economics, data science, or a related discipline,
- Excellent skills in statistical / econometric analysis in R, Stata, or similar software,
- Excellent English writing and communication skills, and
- Current enrollment as a student.
The position is ideal for students pursuing a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline in the wider Berlin region. The primary place of work is expected to be at our office in Berlin-Mitte. Working from home will be possible to some degree and at times be necessary. We offer a 12-month contract, with the possibility of extension. Remuneration will be in line with that for “Wissenschaftliche Hilfskräfte” in Berlin.
ISDC is a young institute that is growing steadily. We are a motivated and international team, thrive on collaboration and enjoy our work. Our working language is English. Further information on ISDC can be obtained from www.isdc.org.
Please send your application including a cover letter, detailed CV and existing letters of reference as a single PDF-file by email to email@example.com. Please also indicate your preferred number of working hours. The deadline for applications is 30 September 2022. However, applications will be considered on an ongoing basis and the position may be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is selected.