The Peacebuilding Research Program at ISDC is seeking
2 Student Research Assistants/ Werkstudent*innen
(part-time – 20 hours per week each)
to support various research projects at the nexus of socio-economic development and peace. Under direction, the RAs will provide support to research, analysis and operations.
- Cleaning, processing and analysing large-scale quantitative survey data;
- Collating and analysing in-depth qualitative data;
- Drafting reports and papers;
- Literature search; and
- Occasional support in project management.
Experience and skills:
- An excellent first degree in economics, quantitative social sciences, data sciences, mathematics or a related discipline (or being enrolled in such a programme);
- Strong proficiency in Stata and/or R; and
- Excellent command of English;
- Additional languages (especially French, Spanish, Arabic and/or Russian) would be an advantage;
- Additional experience with qualitative research methodologies is welcome.
- The position is ideal for Master’s students in the relevant disciplines;
- The place of work will be at ISDC’s office in Berlin-Mitte; home-based work is possible;
- The initial employment will be for 6 months, extendable, up to a period of 18 months;
- Renumeration will be in line with that for “Wissenschaftliche Hilfskräfte” in Berlin.
Further information on ISDC can be obtained from www.isdc.org or Ms Myroslava Purska. Please send your application including a cover letter, detailed CV and existing letters of reference as a single PDF-file by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is 31 July 2020; however, the positions may be filled as soon as a suitable applications are received.