The main objective of HG4RR is to establish an international network of experts (researchers and practitioners from South and East Asia and Europe) to advance our knowledge on topics related to home gardens, resilience, food security, and interventions.
With this network, we would like to deepen our understanding of how informal small-scale home gardening acts as a coping strategy to strengthen the food and nutritional security and resilience of vulnerable households living under extreme uncertainty or in humanitarian crises. Moreover, the network would also advance our knowledge about how home and school gardens may have positive effects beyond their immediate outcomes (food security and nutrition), such as on women empowerment. The HG4RR network is formed of partners from 6 countries (Bangladesh, Cambodia, Germany, Philippines, Nepal, Thailand, India).
The HG4RR Network in hosted by the Leibniz Institute of Vegetable and Ornamental Crops and funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research.
If you are interested to be part of the network or if you want to receive updates through the HG4RR newsletter please register by sending an email to Gwen Moiles at email@example.com
**** HG4RR Workshop Postponed: In light of the Sars-CoV-2 outbreak, we have decided to postpone the HG4RR workshop. Several participants are not allowed to travel which means it is not worth having a meeting. Instead, we plan to have the next meeting in September 2020 in Berlin. Our donor has already agreed to this change in plan.
We sincerely hope that you will be able to join us for the rescheduled workshop – all accepted papers remain accepted for the re-scheduled workshop, too. We will be in touch as soon as we finalize the new date and location.
We have come to this painful decision after a long deliberation and we thank you for your understanding. Please reach out if you have any questions. ****
List of Current Network Members:
- Concern Worldwide
- Malteser International
- SCALE | Food Security and Nutrition Network
- Thaer-Institut, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin , Berlin, Germany
- Seminar für Ländliche Entwicklung, Berlin Germany
- Welthungerhilfe, Bonn Germany
- International Security and Development Center, Berlin Germany
- University of Development Alternative, Bangladesh
- Bangladesh Agricultural University, Bangladesh
- Lal Teer Seed Ltd, Bangladesh
- Royal University of Agriculture, Cambodia
- Agricultural Development Denmark Asia, Cambodia
- Health Ministry, Nepal
- Agricultural and Forestry University, Nepal
- Ethnobotanical Society of Nepal, Nepal
- University of Santo Tomas, the Philippines
- World Vegetable Center, Taiwan
- Grameen Bikash Foundation, Bangladesh
- Nepal Agricultural Research Council, Nepal
- Climate Change Adaptation, Mitigation Experiment & Training (CAMET), Bangladesh